Our Facebook Feed
The Art Show At The Dog Show
Announcing the 2022 DCAF Fund Raising event to be held during Nationals at the The Founders Inn in Virginia Beach, VA May 4, 2022.
Dalmatian Enthusiasts who also happen to be artistically inclined may participate. There are a few “rules” though.
About the Art
1) Any art medium is welcome – paint, acrylic, water color, oil, ceramic, fabric, (embroidery, cross stitch, quilting) sculpture, stained glass, photography, jewelry, pottery, blown glass... What else? You tell us! The key word is “art”. Please reserve “craftier” submissions for another event. Thanks!
2) The piece must be an original (not from a kit).
3) The piece must incorporate Dalmatians (at least spots!)
4) Pieces should be signed (by the artist) and dated 2022.
5) Artists should be at least 18 years old.
About the Process
1) Notify Toni Linstedt of your entry by November 1, 2021 with a brief description. (Art medium, size, how it incorporates Dalmatians)
2) A maximum of 50 pieces will be accepted for the silent auction.
3) If more than 50 artists submit, a committee will select the 50 to be accepted.
4) Please submit a quality photo of your finished piece to Toni Linstedt as soon as possible but by no later than March 15, 2022. These will be used to showcase the pieces for remote bidding via the DCAF Facebook page.
5) Artists are responsible for getting their pieces to the Nationals. If not attending, and you cannot find anyone to transport it, contact Toni Linstedt for shipping instructions.
About the Auction
1) Pieces will be sold to the highest bidders in a silent auction conducted at the Nationals on the day and evening of Top Twenty.
2) A minimum bid of $25 will be set for each item.
3) Bids must be increased in increments no less than $5
4) People unable to attend the Nationals may place remote bids on the DCAF Facebook page. Remote bidding will conclude Wednesday, April 27. Live bidders on May 4 will have to top the remote bid by $10 or 10% whichever is greater. ... See MoreSee Less
Hats off to Linda Davis and her team of volunteers! Day one of the DCAF Nosework Trials is in the books!
Congratulations to Sandy Lajoie and Nova for completing their NW2 title - they look wonderful.
A surprise visitor - Cruella de Ville tried to take Taco away!
The raffle went off without a hitch thanks to Tara Blumfield helping out with it.
And Tacos' German Shepherd friend's mom with was there with a vehicle for vehicle searches, but they ended up using the vehicle to transport the Assistant Volunteer Coordinator to the hospital when she broke her ankle!
We also had Marilyn Kraus who will be showing today and Jina Simpson who has been assisting since the first day we were approved back in May. Jina has been the go to for for finding all the items we have needed to put the trials on.
Great comments from the exhibitors who want to know if DCAF will be hosting another trial (Ha, Ha!)
Great job, Linda and crew! Have a great day today (with no injuries please) and thanks so much for supporting DCAF with this trial! ... See MoreSee Less
Oh my goodness, what a eventful day.
Thank you Linda Davis !
Thank you Linda Davis and everyone involved with the trial
Thank you Linda Davis, and everyone who volunteered or entered!
Thank you Linda Davis
Looks like a fun event.
Well Done Linda and All!! Congratulations!!
Grrr to Cruella de Ville
For all those that could not join us at the DCAF NACSW Noswork trials this weekend in Upper Marlboro, MD and have asked for a way to help out, you can join us in the guess the "SPOTS" game.
A five dollar contribution will get you five guesses on the number of black SPOTs in our Dalmatian puppy picture below. Donation values are listed below. The 2 closests guesses will win a dog related toy which will be mailed to you at the address you provide.
If you choose not to guess the number of SPOTS you can donate any dollar value you wish.
... See MoreSee Less