The Art Show At The Dog Show
Announcing the 2022 DCAF Fund Raising event to be held during Nationals at the The Founders Inn in Virginia Beach, VA May 4, 2022.
Entries: Dalmatian Enthusiasts who also happen to be artistically inclined may participate. There are a few “rules” though.
About the Art
- Any art medium is welcome – paint, acrylic, water color, oil, ceramic, fabric, (embroidery, cross stitch, quilting) sculpture, stained glass, photography, jewelry, pottery, blown glass... What else? You tell us! The key word is “art”. Please reserve “craftier” submissions for another event. Thanks!
- The piece must be an original (not from a kit).
- The piece must incorporate Dalmatians (at least spots!)
- Pieces should be signed (by the artist) and dated 2022.
- Artists should be at least 18 years old.
About the Process
- Notify Toni Linstedt of your entry by November 1, 2021 with a brief description. (Art medium, size, how it incorporates Dalmatians)
- A maximum of 50 pieces will be accepted for the silent auction.
- If more than 50 artists submit, a committee will select the 50 to be accepted.
- Please submit a quality photo of your finished piece to Toni Linstedt as soon as possible but by no later than March 15, 2022. These will be used to showcase the pieces for remote bidding via the DCAF Facebook page.
- Artists are responsible for getting their pieces to the Nationals. If not attending, and you cannot find anyone to transport it, contact Toni Linstedt for shipping instructions.
About the Auction
- Pieces will be sold to the highest bidders in a silent auction conducted at the Nationals on the day and evening of Top Twenty.
- A minimum bid of $25 will be set for each item.
- Bids must be increased in increments no less than $5
- People unable to attend the Nationals may place remote bids on the DCAF Facebook page. Remote bidding will conclude Wednesday, April 27. Live bidders on May 4 will have to top the remote bid by $10 or 10% whichever is greater.