We are excited to let you know that, thanks to the initiative of Kathy Duran and the generosity of Mark and Ginger Iwaoka, Decorated Dals II will be the DCAF fundraiser for DCA 2020! We are limiting the figurines to 40 and are now accepting artist applications! Email me if you are interested. If we receive more than 40 artist applicants, we will appoint a team of DCA artists to select the finalists. Please let us know by June 1 if you want to do one!
All figurines must be completed with photo submitted by April 1, 2020 so that we have an opportunity to post photos for remote bids one month before the start of DCA 2020.
The blank figurines will be provided by DCAF through the generosity of Mark and Ginger. Safe delivery of the completed figurines to DCA 2020 in Asheville, NC is the responsibility of the artist.
Through the generosity of donors, the Dalmatian Club of America Foundation, Inc. is delighted to bring you this assortment of Dalmatian Collectible Plates! The collection of 69 individual designs includes plates from Barnhare Studies, the Bradford Exchange, the Danbury Mint (one complete set!), Hamilton, Laurelwood, Lekven, Princeton Galleries, and Reco as well as a few unidentified pieces that are unique! Minimum bids for some of the more valuable/rarer plates are listed in the description
To bid remotely, please place your bid in the comment section below each item in the album on the DCAF page. You MUST make your bid on the original post located on the DCAF page to be considered. If you have not already "liked" the DCAF page you will need to do so in order to complete your bid. No bids placed on shared posts will be considered eligible. Bids will be accepted until 10PM Central time on November 14. You may continue to raise your bid until that time. $16 shipping will be added for each USPS Medium Flat Rate package. (Up to 3 plates can safely be fit into one of these if they are not in their original box.) Winning bidders will be contacted via Facebook Messenger by November 17.
Many thanks to Forrest Johnson, Cathi Lipscomb, Cindy Maloney, and Pat Sayles and to the estates of Ellie Lipschutz and Peter Capell for generously donating these delightful plates to DCAF! DCAF is a 501(c)3 charitable organization. All proceeds support DCAF's mission of Advancing the health and quality of life for Dalmatians and all dogs through supported research and education.
Thank you in advance for your support of DCAF! Happy shopping! ... See MoreSee Less
Lots of very pretty plates.
This is such a great collection! One of my old girls who did calendar work is pictured on one of these plates!! It’s amazing the photo has resurfaced after all these years!! Wow!! She passed away in 2003… now she is forever etched on a plate! I had no idea when we did the photo shoot for the calendar, that it would be a collector plate one day!!
WOW! Enormous thanks to Linda Davis and team (both DCA members - Gina Simpson, Sandy Lajoie and Tara Brumfeld - and Nose Work folks who DON'T have Dalmatians!). The accounting is complete for the September Maryland NACSW trial put on by this group to benefit DCAF and the final benefit to DCAF exceeded $4,500! You guys ROCK! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!!!! ... See MoreSee Less
The Art Show At The Dog Show
Announcing the 2022 DCAF Fund Raising event to be held during Nationals at the The Founders Inn in Virginia Beach, VA May 4, 2022.
Dalmatian Enthusiasts who also happen to be artistically inclined may participate. There are a few “rules” though.
About the Art
1) Any art medium is welcome – paint, acrylic, water color, oil, ceramic, fabric, (embroidery, cross stitch, quilting) sculpture, stained glass, photography, jewelry, pottery, blown glass... What else? You tell us! The key word is “art”. Please reserve “craftier” submissions for another event. Thanks!
2) The piece must be an original (not from a kit).
3) The piece must incorporate Dalmatians (at least spots!)
4) Pieces should be signed (by the artist) and dated 2022.
5) Artists should be at least 18 years old.
About the Process
1) Notify Toni Linstedt of your entry by November 1, 2021 with a brief description. (Art medium, size, how it incorporates Dalmatians)
2) A maximum of 50 pieces will be accepted for the silent auction.
3) If more than 50 artists submit, a committee will select the 50 to be accepted.
4) Please submit a quality photo of your finished piece to Toni Linstedt as soon as possible but by no later than March 15, 2022. These will be used to showcase the pieces for remote bidding via the DCAF Facebook page.
5) Artists are responsible for getting their pieces to the Nationals. If not attending, and you cannot find anyone to transport it, contact Toni Linstedt for shipping instructions.
About the Auction
1) Pieces will be sold to the highest bidders in a silent auction conducted at the Nationals on the day and evening of Top Twenty.
2) A minimum bid of $25 will be set for each item.
3) Bids must be increased in increments no less than $5
4) People unable to attend the Nationals may place remote bids on the DCAF Facebook page. Remote bidding will conclude Wednesday, April 27. Live bidders on May 4 will have to top the remote bid by $10 or 10% whichever is greater. ... See MoreSee Less
How many have signed up so far for this art project?